Monday, May 23, 2011

Patchwork Panel for Play


It's a shame to bump Raylees lovely red geraniums....
but she's busting for a look at what I'm doing so....
here's a sneaky peak...

It's very much a work-in-progress so keep watching...
being influenced by the activities of Miss5....
making shapes....
then forming pictures of people or scenes...
I thought I'd try and make a quilt or mat she can use to play on....
very naive structure and rough sewing...
with more embellishment coming....
like doors and windows and maybe flowers....
may take a while to actually finish....
then there will be more panels added to create different areas to play...

have already had the seal of approval when she spotted it....
grabbed it...laid it out...found her cars....and commenced play...
although I did get the comment that the sun is not brown....
(sorry it's not visible in this photo)
I assured her it was really gold which was satisfactory...

all bits found in my scap bag from other projects....
even tiny pieces not thrown away...
so I decided to try and do something with them...
I am my own worst enemy sometimes....
you would think I had something better to do.....maybe....

3 comments:

  1. fantastic idea, just keep doing it, what could you be doing thats better than creating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah but it's going to be an ongoing thing that I'm never going to be happy with...just want to add something else...maybe I'll never finish it...we'll see...it's fun for now

    ReplyDelete
  3. who cares if you finish it, or not? its all about the journey, not the destination....someone is having fun with it now while they are playing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...