Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mum's Gecko

Hello all....sorry bout the delay....creative juices being used up in life....dont have anything new but found this at Mum's recently....she created it for an exhibition...we think...when she was involved in the Spinners and Weavers...
an old wooden frame became the base for a woven piece out of carded fleece...then some sparkle and the gecko on a stick...the gecko is from the range of felt creatures she decorated with embroidery....eons ago when I was learning to sew....some of these patterns are the ones I'm using for my animals...hope you like!!!!

2 comments:

  1. great recycling, & what a clever use of different techniques to create this treasure!!! bet you could find some more of mums artwork, i know she has them somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I can...maybe I'll have a look around for some oldies to show everyone...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...