Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Pretty & The Not So Pretty

 Pink Shoes.....corrugated cardboard, paper doilies, wallpaper & acrylic on canvas.
 following on from our previous post * creativity blog hop* katie-randomnest, i am sharing some of my messy behind the scenes photos.
 just two of the  not so tidy shelves  where i paint & store a lot of  "stuff" used in my mixed media work
 Simonne shared what she called some of her "bloopers"......here are two of mine, paintings of rocks that i thought were "crap".....

 ....this one i didn't even bother to finish.......some days the creativity just doesn't happen.
 i find these are good times to tidy, sort, rearrange & look at some of the things that have been forgotten in the muddle of  all the bits & pieces i have stashed for future projects.......usually i find something that re-inspires me to start again.
 as the work space gets tidier my head space seems to clear as well.
the good thing about acrylic is being able to paint over & start something new!
thank you to all our visitors for stopping by.
(raylee).

3 comments:

  1. well... art is in the eye of the beholder!!...I like both the landscapes....you could find those scenes in the outback...at a billabong or on the road out there somewhere....good stuff...not bloopers!!....remember the old rusty car that I liberated years ago...I still have it and like it...the others are just backgrounds waiting for your creative touch...we'll see when you've finished playing with them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i do remember, took me a few seconds though!
    there is another oldy on my facebook art page (dated) , not as old as the car.
    thanks, & you keep the others to your self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art!!!
    I'm already following...Kisses
    http://casacherry.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...