Thursday, March 20, 2014

Monochromatic Colour Scheme......

......landscape in acrylic.
 today's art lesson was "how to paint a water scene in watercolour".......what a disaster!
i don't know what possessed me to attempt it.......watercolour landscapes were never a priority for me.
having not painted with this medium for many years, it was a shock to the system.
 my first attempt was discarded & the next nowhere  near finished.
 i came home from class & looked through my old watercolours to see if i had ever been able to paint water.......i found a couple, so back to the drawing board i guess.......or leave it alone, maybe?

so i have posted my  "acrylic landscape" from a couple of weeks ago.
 the lesson was painting "aerial perspective in a monochrome colour scheme".
the palette knife is growing on me.......i started with a brush but kept looking for the knife, it suits my "give it a go, see what happens attitude". i like that i can "feel" where the paint is going on the canvas.
(raylee).

1 comment:

  1. wow...I say just wow!!...lovely....sorry about the watercolours but I reckon we'd love it even if you don't...see my previous post!!...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...