my version of the "pillow case"" dress....machine stitched from two different doona covers, a mauve gingham one with embroidered flowers & another one with a popular girly horse theme that i used to put panels in the sides of the dress.
i cut a bias strip from the horsey one to bind the armholes & neck edge & to make two ties to thread through the neck binding & tie at the shoulders.
to finish i stitched on a white cotton doily.
my sister told me about "pillow case dresses", not sure where she found them but
there are lots of tutorials for this dress........if you would like to make one , or more, they are very easy & cool for our summer, just have a look for "pillow case dresses".
(if you make one please show & tell).