a patchwork quilt that had been attacked by moths or silverfish leaving big holes in it still had some good bits left........so i cut it up .
i would think twice about cutting someone else's work , but when it's mine i don't mind. i wasn't left with much of the quilt, just a few strips. so i stitched the good bits together to make a cushion cover.
i am not a very good patch worker, my pieces never match up.......i am not too worried , i have come to accept the fact that i am not a perfectionist. i am more interested in how i use colour, & if the finished product is useful.
i didn't try to match up the pieces so it is a bit random. the blanket stitching was the border of the quilt, but most of it was damaged. i salvaged what i could to give the cover a border.
the back is made from pieces of chenille from old bedspreads found at op shops.