In the beginning i sealed the canvas with gesso. layered tissue paper over randomly placed bits of wrapping paper & then corrugated cardboard pieces . I think i used watered down aquadhere , the tissue paper creased & crinkled, when it was dry i coated it with gesso. Drew the shoes with thin charcoal.......The original painting of "Red Shoes" 2004 was done with a limited palette of three colours & some white ......ultramarine blue, alizarin crimson, yellow ochre. ......This time i used more colours.....prussian blue, naples yellow, cad yellow light, raw umber, cad red, alizarin crimson & white. .....There was a bit of sunshine when i took this photo so hope it is clearer. If you click on the photo you can see how the texture of the collage makes a more tactile painting. (raylee).