Friday, July 27, 2012

patchwork patching

one of my original patchwork attempts...
recently came back needing repairs...
the cotton back...that once was the inside....
has worn so thin its tearing....


his sleeping bag...
that fitted nicely when he was 10...
had a patchwork cover applied to revamp it....
and bring it along to his adult world...


no use applying patches....
too far gone...
so hunted through the stash...
and found another sheet...
covered the whole back...
to give it a bit more life...

3 comments:

  1. How wondreful - I bet it is full of warm memories & dreams of home!

    Just popped by to let you know that you won a random drawing on my blog. Everyone who commented in the past month entered automatically. You can contact me at artsnark@verizon.net with your address & I'll ship your prize. Here is link to winner announcement & prize photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. the old quilts are hard to get rid of, so many years of use & memories for the owner as well as the maker. maybe we are meant to keep them going to add more memories & stories. i like them when they are soft & faded from lots of washing & drying in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep...I was only thinking the other day that these quilts have more memories for me...yet I try to give them away...anyway I thought the old sleeping bags could have a new life by patching the tops...and now the bottoms...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...