I have been thinking for a while now my bedroom could do with a new paint job, which means new curtains, artwork etc.,.....OK a total makeover!
I need something to write my ideas in, so grabbed a journal i have had since the year 2000, given to me by my husband. He brought it home from a trip to Canberra.
While he was there he visited Floriade with my youngest sister.......who knew he was interested in gardening?
Anyway, i hadn't used the journal for sometime. I was surprised to read some of the entries........
Five Things To Be Grateful For Today
Sun. 14th. Jan. 2001.
1) I am of sound mind ( that could be debatable).
2) We went out for lunch.
3) I didn't cook today.
5) I'm going to art class tomorrow.
Wed. 17th. Jan. 2001
1) Went shopping, had enough money & some leftover.
2) I bought paint!
3) My beans & tomatoes are growing.
4) My sister came to visit & we actually talked.
5) My grand daughter gave me a bunch of flowers.
Thurs. 25th. Jan. 2001.
1) I completed the 3 day workshop with Rosemary Gartelman (South Australian artist).
2) I learnt a lot about mixed media & seeing things differently.
3) I watched a Rosalie Gascoigne interview on ABC TV. (Australian Artist).
4) I collect things.
5) I have discovered why I have these collections.
These entries came about after I read "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breatnach.
As I sat quietly on the pool step this morning enjoying the warm summer sun a red dragonfly settled close by as blue butterflies flitted effortlessly from plant to plant.
I looked up at the long slender leaves of the palms swaying to & fro & a white feather danced its way through the air.
My eyes followed it down until it dropped behind the fence. Then i noticed a small grey & white striped feather on top of the water floating past my toes.
How grateful i am for this life I live.
Five Things To Be Grateful For Today......
1) Family.......where would I be without them?
4) The ability to feel.
Things haven't changed that much over the years. It's the little things, the every day things we take for granted that i am most grateful for.
How about you?
What are you most grateful for?