i found a really informative tutorial for a "patchy bo ho bag" here,
but decided to make the straps & gusset in one piece from some floral furnishing fabric (not enough silk & taffeta for the straps) the white lining is the reverse side of this fabric, a couple of pockets on the inside from scrap material, & some pearly buttons for the flower centres. machine stitched stems & grass in orange to add a bit of warmth to the purple silk daisies & the patchy blue flowers.
& the same again on cardboard.
i'm not sure where i am up to with the 365 creative challenge, but i have been doing something every day. as some things take more than one day to complete, i will have to do some counting to find out where i am at.
i have folders full of paper that i haven't even put a dent in yet. i am enjoying this challenge, i just look at some of the pages in the stash & every thing starts to flow.
i have been wanting to try this rose pattern wooden block print.
so to the beginning........first day....i painted a square canvas with acrylic dirty yellows & creams, let it dry, (last photo)......i am kind of going backwards here, but you will work it out. the first three photos are where i am at today.
the day before i tried some image transfers.......not very successful, but will add to the layering process.
then added some torn paper collage, let it dry before block printing with pink & cream acrylic.
this transfer of peonies in a jug worked ok.
not sure where this is going......just doing it day by day & letting each layer dry before the next one.
i have made a few wedding dresses in the past........but this time i had a change & made these vests for the groom, the best man & the ring bearer.
these photos were taken by my sister cathy.